Tuesday, June 10, 2008

TuTu Time

From Charlotte's first ballet recital:



Her pre-ballet class danced to Kermit's "Rainbow Connection." I was worried that she wouldn't go out on the stage or stay there once the lights went up, but she continues to amaze me. Not only did she stay and follow the teachers' lead, at one point she actually waved to the audience.

It seems a lifetime ago but once upon a time I was afraid that Charlotte might never walk. Then when she finally did walk she would often just collapse for no apparent reason. But there is no quit in her and never has been. And she loved being up there, dancing for a proper audience. When I went backstage to get her, she yelled across the dressing room "Me dance! Me dance!"

So, yes. I cried like a baby.

6 comments:

Kerry said...

oh jeez, you made me cry too

Melanie K said...

but in a good way, no? :)

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome! What a great moment for the whole family.

Pranayama mama said...

you made me cry too!

Anonymous said...

She is a beautiful fighter!

Shannon Des Roches Rosa said...

Thanks for sharing this. She's got spunkiness to spare, your Charlotte. And she looks so damn cute.

Did you know that my husband and your husband are going a-conferencing together next week? Sounds like a really good time for a swimming playdate.