Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Weekly Dammit, #21

Dammit #1:
When I got my first paycheck for my work on Mixx.com, Thomas bought me a pair of SHURE sound canceling earphones. I have small ears so the buds don't fit. None of them. Which means I can still hear Mickey Mouse Playhouse unless I turn my volume way up.

Dammit #2:
Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama aren't doing themselves any favors with the intensified sniping at one another. I experienced an incredible sinking feeling when I watched the debate in South Carolina, the same sort of feeling I get whenever I realize that the Democrats have found a new way to shoot themselves in their collective ass. Perhaps there's a less-than secret reason their mascot is a donkey.

The bright spot, when he finally got a word in edgewise:

JOHN EDWARDS: "Are there three people in this debate, not two? I also want to know, I also want to know, of behalf of voters here in South Carolina, this kind of squabbling, how many children is this going to get health care? How many people are going to get an education because of this? How many kids are going to be able to go to college because of this? We have got to understand, you know, and I respect both of my fellow candidates, but we have got to understand this is not about us personally, it is about what we are trying to do for this country, and what we believe in."

Dammit #3:
I'm letting Charlotte watch TV while I write this.

Dammit #4:
The real reason Charlotte is watching TV is because I'm trying to catch up on my homework for my life coach. Which I put off again.

Dammit #5:
I went to the gym last night for the first time in . . . . I think I damaged my heart. I kept ending up at my regular walking pace on the elliptical. In case you were wondering, that's not a good thing: At one point my heart rate was at 171--albeit briefly.

Dammit #6:
Heath Ledger. Dammit. Idiot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree whole heartedly with your dammits.... ESPECIALLY about that friggin debate! ARGH! WTF?!?! And Heath Ledger.... Maybe I should start a weekly WTF?

Melanie K said...

Of course you should!

And I love that the Republicans are fighting over who gets the nod. They must all be laughing while the watch the Dems implode again. They don't even really have to attack--just sit back and watch while they do it to themselves. sigh. I'm tired of being cynical.

Pranayama mama said...

why, oh why, must the dems implode? kills me. an entire self-defeating party. then again, of course i would be a member; it only makes sense.

and, mel, speaking of your ears -- i still don't have pierced ears but if i ever, ever do take the needle to my lobes, i only want to wear pearl and diamond earrings like yours. classic and beautiful. i still think of them!