Thursday, February 15, 2007

Music I Love

We could also call this the "because I'm trying to avoid rewriting my book" list, but I'm working on that as a separate post. Basically, it's most of the KFOG new-music play list because I'm a dork and don't stray too far when looking for new, non-classical or jazz--although sometimes they throw one of those in, too. Maybe for the WTF?! factor, but I still appreciate it. I get a lot of other recommendations from HeadButler.com--also a great place for book and movie reviews and recommendations. So, in no particular order:

Brandi Carlilie, The Story (available in April)

Amy Winehouse, Back to Black (available as an import--warning: explicit lyrics!)

Keane, Under the Iron Sea

Blue October, Foiled

The Decemberists, The Crane Wife

The Killers, Sam's Town, When You Were Young (single, import)

Mica Lee Williams, Lucid Dreaming High (also has a new CD coming out in April)

Rodrigo y Gabriela, Self-titled (Charlotte's favorite, next to any Red Hot Chili Peppers)

Arvo Part, Alina (If I were given a choice of one classical CD to listen to for the rest of my life, this one would be a top contender.)

Josh Ritter, Animal Years

I listen to a lot of classical music too, but I'll save that for another avoiding-the-book list.

No comments: