Monday, July 31, 2006

BlogHer '06 Update

I meant to post this earlier. Oops.

************

So here I am at BlogHer in San Jose, learning how to do more cool things with my blog and enjoying some me-time. I'd almost forgotten what it was like to be on my own and it's only been two hours!

I drove down from Redwood City (we've moved!) with Mom on a Mission, who was very gracious about ignoring my I'm-not-a-morning-person-and-oh-god-where-is-the-coffee babbling.

I'm stealing part of her blog entry from this morning, changing the answers, of course. This was from the Getting to Know You for BlogHer:

1. When did you start blogging and why? Or Talk about your blog. What can I learn about you in under 5 minutes? I started blogging as a way to regain a few shreds of my sanity. I haven't had a "real" job for about five years--before my oldest daughter was born, I worked from home as a freelance copywriter and copy editor so I don't get to spend a lot of time talking to real people and/or grownups. Blogging became a bit of an obsession until I hit a big patch of writer's block.


2. Who do you read every day, rain or shine?
I can't say that I read them every day, but I love Dooce, MomOnaMission and Huffingtonpost. I'm sure that after BlogHer I will have a vastly expanded reading list!

3. How would you describe your writing style? I write the way I would speak if I were able to to get an entire sentence out without going off on a tangent. I'm a very tangential thinker and it's harder to mask when I'm speaking.

4. What don’t you write about? Anything considered a no-no in your book? I' try not to swear too much but since I write about politics as well as parenting, it's kinda hard some days.

5. So soon we’re going to meet each other at BlogHer. Important question. How do you party? Not as much as I used to, but I do like a nice glass of wine or three. Preferably red.

6. What is your favorite thing that you wrote? What got a strong reaction from readers? Links please? I don't know that it is my favorite because it was very painful for me, but The Roadblock did get the most reaction (all in private email, go figure) and I was repeatedly told that it was very powerful.

7. Have you written anything controversial? Is blogging controversial? Well, since I do write about politics, quite a bit of it is seen by some to be controversial. Especially the posts "Rhymes With Prick" and "Snow Job."

8. Are you and your blogging persona the same person? I like to think so.

9. If you had a super power, what would it be? To be the ultimate multitasker. Oh wait. I'm a mom. I already have that power.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

any updates coming ?