Friday, July 25, 2008

What Matters

Some days the battles with Hannah seem endless and oh, so maddening, and some days I feel I can no longer contain my frustration. But today I am reminded just how petty it is, these quarrels over things that truly don't matter.

Just last Saturday at the BlogHer panel, Blogging About Our Children With Special Needs, Vicki Foreman spoke so movingly and eloquently about her son, Evan. Two days ago Evan died. I only knew Vicki and Evan through her words, on the panel and from her blog, and yet I can't stop crying. And I can't wait for Hannah to come home from camp. I need to hold her tighter than I have in a long time.

Beyond that, I have no words.

2 comments:

gwendomama said...

i cannot fine your email, girl!

email me - i HAD NO IDEA about the apraxia and no you did not tell me and don't worry i didnt post the worst pics of you on flickr.

i heart you


gwendomama at gmail

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate. I find myself sometimes wondering why in the world do I get so worked up over things that really do not matter. It is at that time that I realize just how special all my children are and how lucky I am to have them. It makes me appreciate the unconditional love that they have for me and makes me realize that I should give them the same in return.