- Always feel free to hop from session to session if you're not getting what you want from your first choice.
- Make sure that the panelist's mic is off when asking a question you don't want broadcast to the entire room. (See #1)
- You are not supposed to say anything negative--or anything that could be (mis)construed as being negative or snarky--about blogger "royalty," no matter how long ago you fell out of love with them. Or even if you still like them.
- The luminous woman sitting next to you might actually be having the same doubts about her level of attractiveness that you have harbored all of your life.
- Never write a book proposal on a pizza box or slip a proposal under an agent's hotel door. That is the "duh" part of this. What I actually learned was that a couple of idiots did both of these things.
- Women you've never met before can rip your heart fiercely from its mooring and then gently return it, intact but altered, perhaps forever.*
- The people who seem the toughest on the outside are usually, underneath that layer, the squishiest. But I guess I already knew that.
- The sticker for the book "Can I Sit With You?" is a great ice-breaker. Especially when it's on your coat. (Yes, coat. BlogHer '08 was in San Francisco.)
* I'll post the Community Keynote when its available.