Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Studio 60--SNL Connection

I've noticed, as I'm sure many others have, that Saturday Night Live is having a much better season. I don't think it's a coincidence that this occurred at the same time Studio 60 came on the air. It's my firm belief that Aaron Sorkin was not only able to create a fabulous show, but that he also was able to bring the level of creativity at SNL up a notch. OK, several notches. Many, many . . . but you get the idea.

Studio 60 has been off the air for a couple of weeks. SNL has not been as funny; last week's episode was a return to the painful, with a few exceptions. (Jake Gyllenhaal looking surprisingly good in drag and "Did you see what I just did? I Dog Whispered you" are two I can remember off the top of my head.)

Coincidence? I think not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I haven't watched SNL in years; once S60 (love that show!) is up and running again I'll have to Tivo it...

http://schrenkrap.blogspot.com/2006/12/it-aint-west-wing-but.html

Melanie K said...

I had stopped watching it until last year when one of the British actors (Sir Ian himself) was hosting--seems to raise the bar a bit ;)

If you get a chance, watch they one with the opener as Nancy Pelosi talking about the new congress. hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I'm one of those freaks that watches when it's good or bad. I complain when it's bad and rave when it's good. I agree with you... last week was kind of iffy.

I still haven't seen S60.. but I do watch 30 Rock and laugh often. Tina Fey movin' on up with Tracy Morgan.

The Dog Whisperer joke nearly had me lose bladder control.