Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hannah-isms

I.
Hannah:
Daddy, can I [[whatever it was]]?

Thomas:
No.

Hannah, not even bothering to wait until Thomas had left the room:
Mommy, can I [[same whatever it was]]?

Me:
No.

Thomas:
Hannah, why did you just ask Mommy when I JUST told you No?

Hannah, without missing a beat and with a smidge of attitude:
Uh, because she's older and she owns the house?
(only true on one count)


Sadly, Thomas did not find this as amusing as I.



II.
Hannah, gazing up at me:
37, 38, 39 . . .

Me:
What are you counting?

Hannah:
The little lines around your eyes. I lost track of the little holes [the pores] in your face.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love her!

Shannon Des Roches Rosa said...

Maybe I should be grateful that observation skills are not Z's forte.

Melanie K said...

be very grateful. but also be suspicious that she's just storing them up for later. :)

Unknown said...

She is so cute!