Friday, January 16, 2009

The Convergance of Life, Politics and Family

I am going to Barack Obama's Inauguration

I'll probably have to walk two miles to get there.

I have no ticket to the swearing in.

I have no guarantee of a spot on the parade route.

I don't have an invite to a ball, or a party of any type.

I'm not sure I even have a coat warm enough for the East coast weather.

But when I allow myself to believe it, I am, for the first time in a very long time, gloriously and incandescently happy.

Because I am going to Obama's Inauguration.



As an added bonus, I am going to DC alone, which means six hours on a plane by myself. And six more on the way back. Very happy indeed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessings Melanie, I look forward to hearing/reading about it on your return.

Pranayama mama said...

Have a wonderful time!