Thursday, March 06, 2008

The Weekly Dammit, #23

I've been sick for a week or so, but now that the antibiotics, Advil and Sudafed have kicked in, the Weekly Dammit is back! Though I might need to drop the "Weekly."

Dammit #1:
I got sick 10 days ago and finally went to the doctor today. I think this is something that pretty much every mom does. If it were one of the kids, I would have taken them to the doctor in a heartbeat. But I wait ten days to find out that I have an ear and a sinus infection, and as a bonus, that my heart rate issue is probably due to my "deconditioning."

Dammit #2:
In the aftermath of their breakup, conservative writer and former Fox News pundit, Rachel Marsden, released personal emails and "salacious chats" from Wikipedia founder, Jimmy Wales. She's also using eBay to sell what she says are clothes he left at her home.

In my favorite part of the San Jose Mercury News article, she says
"My only focus right now, to be really honest, is on my career and finding a way to get back into print, TV or radio here in NYC. All of this other personal stuff is just an unfortunate distraction."

I'm guessing that she's still in Fox News mode and that what she really meant was that the "personal stuff" she tossed out there was a fabulous way to get her name back on radar.

Dammit #3:
Hillary Clinton and her campaign want to get delegates from Michigan and Florida seated at the national convention in Denver this summer. This in spite of the fact that all candidates agreed, long before the primary season began, to abide by the decision of the DNC: because both Michigan and Florida moved their primaries up to January, they would be stripped of their delegates.
Whether you call it moving the goalposts or switching horses midstream, it's cheating and poor sportsmanship. And yes, I would say that if we were talking about Barack Obama's campaign.

Dammit #4:
When a telemarketer or other unknown number appears on my sister's caller ID, her kids fight to be the first to answer the phone with "Thank god you called! The pigs are out!" before hanging up. Why didn't I think of that?!

No comments: